This section targets members of public who want to know more about risk and insurance. All materials are delivered in simple English. We may not be able to avoid using certain terminologies, but rest assured they will be properly defined or explained in simple language. This section is inspired by the fact that many countries have low insurance penetration. One reason is due to lack of understanding on risk and insurance amongst the population. We are determined to contribute in educating public on risk and insurance.
Bahasa Indonesia’s version of these articles can be accessed through Mengerti Asuransi
- 16. Reading Fatwa no. 53 /DSN-MUI/III/2006 on the Contract of Tabarru’ in Islamic Insurance
- 15. Conventional vs. Islamic Insurance: The Roles, Rights and Obligations of the Parties
- 14. Conventional Insurance vs Islamic Insurance: Relationship between Parties
- 13. How to make insurance in line with Shariah?
- 12. Why is conventional insurance not in line with Shariah? (part 2)
- 11. Why is conventional insurance not in line with Shariah? (part 1)
- 10. Why do we still need Shariah compliant Insurance?
- 9. Gambling vs insurance: Basic principles of insurance (part 2)
- 8. Gambling vs insurance: Basic principles of insurance (part 1)
- 7. Gambling vs insurance: requirements for insurable risks
- 6. Between gambling and insurance
- 5. Risk management and insurance
- 4. How risks turn into loss?
- 3. Holding hot potato: transfer or avoid
- 2. Categorizing risks
- 1. What is risk?